It’s Better to Know
Early treatment of HIV means a longer, healthier life.
Boulder County Public Health and Boulder County AIDS Project are providing free, rapid, confidential, and anonymous HIV tests to anyone throughout the month of June 2015. BCAP appointment slots will be made available one week out from the current date, on the Atlas website.
Benefits of Knowing Your Status
- Early treatment can provide you a with a long, healthy life.
- HIV testing reduces transmission.
- Late diagnosis of HIV can lead to complications and limited treatment options.
- One sixth of people living with HIV in the United States don’t know their status.
- More than half of young, gay and bisexual men with HIV don’t know.
- Nearly a third of those diagnosed with HIV in 2010 (the latest year for which data is available) had full blown AIDS within a year, indicating they had been infected for years.